Good Morning Church:
Thanks to all of you who have turned in your Estimate of Giving Cards for 2015. We will share the results with you at a future date since more cards are still to be returned. Speaking of that, it is not too late to bring in your cards. You may mail, drop them by the office, or bring them with you to worship. We are expecting God to do great things through the ministries of HFUMC in the coming year and your gift will help to make that possible.
It is the time of year when calendars start filling up with activities related to the Advent/Christmas Season. We will try to post as many as we can here, but keep on the lookout for occasional email blasts that will inform you of things you will not want to miss. Here are some (but not all) upcoming events:
· Hanging of the Greens: Sunday at 2:30pm. Come and decorate the church for Advent/Christmas. We will need some able bodied help assembling the tree. If you fit into this category, we will see you at 2:30.
· Thanksgiving Service: Sunday at 6pm - Ledford’s Chapel UMC. Join your fellow Methodists as we gather for Thanksgiving and worship. An offering for the Clay County Food Pantry will be received.
· Sweetwater Sings: November 30 at 6:30pm. Join us at the Sweetwater Campus as we gather to sing. I imagine since we will be in the season of Advent we will be singing a lot of Christmas hymns.
· Choir Concert: December 7 at 7pm. Enjoy an evening of great music with the Chancel Choir in our sanctuary
· MissionAires Concert: December 14 at 6pm. Bells, singing and readings. A perfect way to spend your evening!
· Christmas Eve Services:
HFUMC Main Campus- 7pm
Sweetwater Campus- 11pm
Christmas Day Lunch - Gathering Place. 12-3pm
On Thursday, December 4th, Hinton Rural Life Center will host a Christmas Open House and Concert. We will be blessed by the exceptional talent of music students from Young Harris College. We invite guests to arrive for refreshments at 6:30p.m. The concert will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Hinton Gift Shop will be open for the evening. This will be a festive and fun evening.
Just a reminder that the truck comes in on TUESDAY next week, November 25, due to the Thanksgiving Holiday. Also, HFUMC has been asked to provide servants on December 12th to serve at the Food Pantry. Any questions you have please contact Claire Weppelman.
That is all for now. Be the face of Christ.